I didn’t really think about a receipe since I normally like to wing things. I love asparagus!
What you will need:
Asparagus (one grouping should be fine for two pots of alfredo unless you want an excess in asparagus)
Noodles of your choice
Seasonings: Pepper, paprika, dried minced garlic, and basil
1. Wash your onion, and cut into fine slices. I used about 3/4 of an onion.
2. Break the very end of your asparagus and throw it away, then break your asparagus into 1″ -1 1/2″ incriments and wash them. Finally, set them aside.
3. Place a pot of water with oil on high so that it boils and then put your pasta into the boiling water and wait for it to cook.
4. When pasta has cooked, drain it and then put oil on it and mix it so the pasta doesn’t stick and set it aside.
5. Put oil and dried minced garlic into the pan and wait for the dried minced garlic to sizzle. Take your chicken, if it is frozen, place it in a pan with oil and dried minced garlic and wait for it to thaw. Once your chicken has broken apart add a half a teaspoon of paprika and some pepper.
6. When you have finished mixing all the seasonings you can place your onions into the mix and keep it there for about a minute or so before removing the chicken from the pot. Set it aside.
7. Place your pot of water and oil on high until the water has boiled and place the asparagus inside. You should only leave your asparagus for 2-4 minutes. No longer! Unless you like soft asparagus but I like mine with a bit of crunch. Take your asparagus out and drain it, set it aside.
8. Place your noodles and alfredo sauce into a pot/pan and mix everything in. Add pepper for extra flavor and then add your chicken and onions to the mix and add basil. Keep that going for about five-ten minutes so everything becomes heated.
9. Once everything is cooked, put your asparagus in and mix it with everything else. You will want to turn the heat off about a minute or two after adding the asparagus so that it keeps its green color.
10. Plate your food and you are done!!
-The Mermaid Chef